Along with talented Cisco product manager Mark Hoskins, I designed and co-directed the multi-million-dollar Cisco.com globalization initiative for Cisco Support. This project earned Cisco its first Localization Industry Standards Association (LISA) Award in 2007 for “online global web support excellence,” in addition to ASP and LISA awards in 2008.
- Developed a cost-efficient and repeatable process for managing tens of thousands of documents and thousands of web pages
- Built a translation QA portal to automate the quality testing process and to establish baseline quality metrics
- Selected, negotiated, and managed the translation vendors, including SDL and LionBridge, and developed a model for SYSTRAN automated translation engine integration
- Designed CMS system enhancements and low-impact workflows, and globalized the new web templates
- Supervised the hiring of translation coordination staff
Agency: M-Squared Consulting